Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Welcome

I love cookbooks!  Every time I get a new one I sit and read through it and mark recipes I want to make or think are especially interesting...of course I'd probably save sticky notes if I just marked the pages with recipes I don't want to make. I also read them for specialized tips and tricks, funny stories, interesting flavor combinations, or just plain old, general knowledge.

Currently I'm finishing up the Classic Pastry Arts program at the French Culinary Institute (a.k.a the International Culinary Center.) I love to bake (and cook) and I love trying out new recipes--both new to me and newly developed by me--and perfecting old ones. That's where cookbooks come in. I've amassed quite a collection of cookbooks--mainly devoted to sweets, but don't worry there's plenty of others too--and I want to share it with you.

When I'm not cooking or planning what I'm going to cook, I enjoy reading. I'll admit that I don't read all that much when it comes to food outside of cookbooks and the dining section of the NYTimes, instead I tend towards mystery novels--classics like Sherlock Holmes, as well as more the more thriller type like John Le Carre novels--non-fiction books about science--mainly astrophysics--and the plethora of politics books I read to keep up on my studies (when I'm not being a pastry chef, I'm studying political science). However, from time to time I'll read a memoir or biography of a chef or some other food-related book. When I do, I'll let you know what I think about it.

I digress. You haven't come here to listen to me talk about books generally, you want to read reviews of specific ones. Well here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment